Just £69 young people age 10 upwards (Minimum height 4′ 10”) have fun and learn to respect a car’s limit of grip in a safe space using our skid cars. Adults can enjoy this activity too!
Autotutors’ Skid Car School Solo – is a one to one session educating drivers’ to respect a potential loss of grip in a simulated wet / ice / snow road situation. The outcome that we train people for is prevention; a greater understanding of the safe boundaries – and over 17’s can do this too!
Why train pre-17 year olds? – Drivers’ need to experience the reality of the situation in a controlled training environment.
- Over confidence – research has found that young drivers who show overconfidence in self-assessment of their skills are more likely to crash in their first two years of driving.
- Poor assessment of hazards – research has shown young drivers show poorer attention, visual awareness, hazard recognition and avoidance, and are less able to judge appropriate speed for circumstances.
- Prevalent risk-taking – research has demonstrated that the frontal lobe, the part of the brain that helps control impulses and emotions and assesses risk, is not fully developed until the mid-20’s.
- Price: £69.00 p.p.
- Duration: 1 hr.
- Ratio: 1 pupil to 1 instructor
- Location: Autotutors Young Driving School, Lleweni Parc, Denbigh LL16 4BN.
- Requirements: Non full licence holders must have completed a Solo or Level 1 driving activity.