Just £59 young people age 10 upwards (Minimum height 4′ 10”) and adults too (a favourite activity for parent and child to enjoy)! have fun and learn to respect a car’s limit of grip in an off road private safe space using our skid cars.
Skid Car School Taster educates drivers to respect a potential loss of grip in a simulated snow or icy road situation. This is a fantastic winter driving awareness activity.
The outcome that we train people for is prevention; and over 17’s can do this too!
Why train young people?
The answer is experiential education – people need to explore the reasons why a vehicle can lose grip – in a controlled training environment.
- Over confidence – research has found that young drivers who show overconfidence in their driving skills are more likely to crash in their first two years of driving.
- Poor assessment of hazards – research has shown that young drivers are less able to judge appropriate speed for the circumstances.
- Prevalent risk-taking – research has demonstrated that the frontal lobe; the part of the brain that helps control impulses and emotions and assesses risk, is not fully developed until the mid-20’s.
- Price: £59.00 p.p.
- Duration: 1 hr 30 min.
- Ratio: 2 pupils to 1 instructor
- Location: Autotutors Young Driving School, Lleweni Parc, Denbigh LL16 4BN.
- Requirements: Non full licence holders must have completed a Solo or Level 1 driving activity.
If you are looking for a one to one session – try Autotutors Skid Car Solo.